1961 – The Hamlin School’s buildings become known as McKinne Hall and Stanwood Hall

In October of 1959 Miss Lila McKinne, sister of Mrs. Stanwood, generously deeded to the corporation the school property. Subsequently a new classroom building was constructed on Vallejo Street. At the dedication on September 6, 1961, it became known as McKinne Hall and the building at 2120 Broadway as Stanwood Hall.